MASTER OF ARTS IN ORGANISATIONAL LEADERSHIP (MAOL)
Development Associates International (DAI)
Transform your Life & Leadership
A unique educational opportunity made possible through partnership between DAI and accredited Christian universities and seminaries in 17 countries.
ABOUT THE MAOL
- What makes the program unique?
- Provides the best of classroom and distance education through biannual one-week residencies, individual study and regular student learning groups.
- Allows for students to continue working while pursuing an internationally recognized Master’s degree
- Experienced faculty and mentors from around the world
- Local tuition rates make it financially affordable
THE MAOL IS IDEAL FOR
- Leaders in ministry, business, NGO’s, education or government
- Those engaged in full-time work who need an accessible and flexible schedule
- Leaders seeking to lead with integrity and to gain managerial knowledge that is immediately applicable to their ministry and work
- Those committed to following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ in their leadership role
WHERE THE PROGRAM IS OFFERED
The MAOL is offered in partnership with 17 local universities in 17 different countries and serves approximately 1,000 students each year.
- Burkina Faso
- CAR Chad
- Papua New Guinea
- Sri Lanka
The objective of the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (MAOL) degree program is to provide a distinctively Christian interactive educational experience that results in qualitative change in the leader’s life, relationships and leadership practices. It focuses on the specific needs and issues facing Christian leaders living and working in majority world countries.
Over the course of the three-year, part-time program students engage in a hybrid of classroom and distance learning, which entails biannual gatherings, individual study and student learning groups. Students experience character and skill development in a variety of capacities and gain the credibility that comes from earning a Master’s degree.
We desire to see students transformed into servant leaders who are passionate about revolutionizing their communities, organizations and ministries for Christ and his Kingdom. To this end, the program is designed to:
- Provide an accessible and flexible schedule
- Create an interactive learning environment
- Provide students with practical projects where they apply their learning to their current leadership role
- Answer leadership questions from a Christian worldview
- Equip Christian leaders to truly lead like Jesus
Courses of MAOL - Core (10 required)
Leadership: Making Human Strength Productive
Teaching and Learning for Impact
Women in Leadership and Ministry
Integrity and Finance
Ethics for Living and Leading
Conflict Management and Resolution
Introduction to Research Methodology
Culture, Ethnicity and Diversity
Elective Courses of MAOL - (2 required)
Development and Social Change
Mentoring and Coaching
- A vibrant Christian faith
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution (required by most partners)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of leadership experience
- Proficiency in English to a TOEFL level
Partnering Institutes – South Asia
Nepal: Nepal Ebenezer Bible College, Kathmandu
Bangladesh & Sri Lanka: Lanka Bible College and Seminary, Colombo
Myanmar: Myanmar Evangelical Graduate School of Theology, Yangon
India: Martin Luther Christian University, Shillong
Pakistan: Zarephat Bible Seminary, Lahore
PNG: The Papua New Guinea University of Technology, Morobe Province
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
“It is not merely an academic enterprise but one of the most dynamic and customized leadership training programs of modern times.” – Ezra, Uganda
“I’m a better leader thanks to MAOL program.” – Anne, Uganda
“I feel energized, renewed, and ready to face life challenges with new impetus, and zeal to do what the Lord wants done in His Kingdom.” – Kioko, Kenya
“The MAOL has been a great life transforming learning opportunity for me.” – Viraj, Sri Lanka
“The program equips a person for what God is calling them to.” – Satish, India
Since 1996, DAI (Development Associates International) has been focused on enabling leaders to build on what they already know, grow in their critical thinking skills and learn how to arrive at their own answers to the challenges they face in this constantly changing world.
Enhancing the integrity and effectiveness of Christian leaders, so that the Church can fulfill its role in extending the Kingdom of God.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many students in a classroom?
After admission into the program, students are assigned to a group of approximately 25 students in the regional area in which they live and/or work.
How long does it take to complete the program?
The program can be completed in a minimum of 3 years. It may take longer to finish the program in locations where the partnering institution requires a final thesis.
What are the admission costs?
Tuition fees are determined by each university or seminary. Students pay the location tuition rates and DAI fundraises any additional costs to keep the program affordable. The exact fee schedule is available from the DAI program office or the university or seminary you wish to register with.